Monday 5 August 2013

August

I just can't believe it is August already - I am so not ready for summer to be done but it is flying by. My daughter is well enough that I think we will actually be able to take a little vacation. We are planning (fingers crossed, barring no more surgery) to hook up the trailer and head to the west coast. Normally we drive through the Rockies straight out to Vancouver but this year we are going south through Idaho and then to Portland, Seattle and then up to Vancouver. One of my destination stops is Shipwreck Beads....can't wait and with a trailer I will have ample room to bring home a ton (just kidding). My life continues on the merry go round but I am so looking forward to a vacation.
And the merry go round goes round
I made this piece for the Beard Hoarders Blog Hop (by the by I am almost finished hopping, it's taken me longer than usual but I will get there). I just hadn't figured out what type of rope I wanted, then a couple of my coworkers asked me to show them how to do viking knit and my decision was made.

Aztec Treasure

3 comments:

  1. Your necklace is beautiful. Viking knit is such a great necklace for a pendant. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pendant, Debbie, the knit chain really highlights the metallic beads! Your great merry-go-round picture brings back happy memories...

    Hope all is well and your trip plans come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,

    Your necklace is very pretty. I would not have thought to have done Viking knit.

    Hopefully your vacation plans happen. If you do make it to Shipwreck Beads and you have some time, I live about 8-10 miles from there and would be glad to meet up with you.

    Carolyn
    Carolynscreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete