Sunday 26 August 2012

....i can feel it in the air....

Yes FALL and it's just around the corner but before then .... my holidays are only a few days away. Lately I have been busy making the projects for Beading Babes. In my rush to join in I scrolled through projects and was very excited..hmm three projects by Sept 1 - no problem.  Well it's not three projects it's four and thank goodness the reveal date has been moved to Sept 16.  I went back to the site and realized I hadn't scrolled to the bottom of the projects. I am close to being done three of the projects and will start on the 4th this week sometime. I learned that soutache is way harder than it looks and requires a great deal of patience. Did I mention I am on holidays very soon!!!! We are spending three weeks on the west coast, visiting family and friends. I can't wait to go to Victoria and  visit with my sister. We don't get to see each other much so I just can't wait. My brother lives in Vancouver so I will be getting a double family fix to sustain me for a while. Below are a couple of photos I took in Victoria on my last visit. I love taking photos and then I love manipulating them into what look like a paintings.
Victoria, British Columbia

Tug boat in Vancouver harbor
The last BSBP reveal day has come and gone. I am working my way through the hop and I must say I am impressed with all I see. This was such a great adventure and I hope Lori will let me join in January again. I have joined the Holiday Bling Blog Hop and found out that my partner is Leanne Loftus from Pennsylvania. From our first introduction I can tell we are like minded artists and have already decided what we are going to do. Leanne does beautiful work, check out her blog and see for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Victoria looks like a wonderful place to visit! How colorful. Lots of inspiration there. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are totally gorgeous! They truly do look like paintings. My son and his family live on Gabriola (one of the S. Gulf Islands) and I have been to Victoria many, many times. Murchie's Tea. *thumbsup* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are great....they really do look like paintings.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete