Saturday 21 November 2015

A Time to Stitch 8



A Time to Stitch Eight - What's Your Bag 

I love joining in on the fun of “A Time to Stitch” blog hops. It stretches my creativity and allows me to step outside my box.  I have always wanted to stitch an amulet bag and this I thought gave me the perfect opportunity…..well my creative juices just took me somewhere else….the amulet bag will have to wait for another time.

The first bag I made is just in time for the holidays…a tiny evening beaded extraordinaire…perfect little bag for the holiday season and it holds just the right stuff – credit card and a lipstick! I love the color turquoise and all variations of and I love just using random beads to create with, as I have said before – it’s like painting with beads! This little bag consists of pearls, crystals, drops, flat glass and seed beads. The opening is hidden in one of the sides and it stands on little pearl legs and has a ribbon wrist strap. So much fun to make and can’t wait to use it.



The second bag is my version of a carpet bag reminiscent of 19th century purses. This bag is slightly bigger than the evening bag and will hold all the essentials.  I have a red felt hat and I needed something to complete the outfit and this fits the bill. I first knitted the bag and then felted it- it turned out so cute but the addition of the felted design with beaded highlighting is exactly the look I wanted and took it over the top. The seed beading added such depth and dimension to this little purse; it is such a unique one of a kind purse.




Thank you Therese and Christine for yet again hosting a super fun hop, so looking forward to the next adventure. You two are the best!

The rest of the participants on this adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment