Sunday 13 July 2014

Oh glorious summer

We are having a glorious hot summer, lazy sun soaked days - weekends just don't last long enough.....sigh!  We have a multitude of hollyhocks in our garden, providing me with hours of fun just trying to capture that perfect picture of a bumble bee in flight. I have come close but not perfect so I will keep trying.

 Lately I have been absolutely hooked on peyote stitch, I am trying to perfect following a graph pattern, as well as creating my own patterns. I may have mentioned that turquoise is one of my favorite colors and lately gold has moved to the top of my list as well. I love this combination of color and it suits this design so well.
I have received lots of compliments on this set....hard to keep out of my daughters' reach!

2 comments:

  1. That first picture of the bumblebee all covered in pollen is amazing.
    That turquoise and gold set is stunning. Love the gold leaves, I bet they have marvelous motion. Turquoise is one of those colors that I think looks marvelous on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hollyhocks are beautiful, and your photos of the bumbles are very cool. But that peyote set? Holy cow, that's a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete