Sunday 4 May 2014

Beading Babes Reveal



Reveal Day for Beading Babes 10 is here and my little beady fingers completed all five projects; so much fun and I must say I learned a thing or two along the way. I did take creative license and made a small change to one of the pieces and I like the results. Thank you Karyn for being the master mind behind this really fun event, can't wait for 11!


Super Spiral Set by Michelle McEnroe 


I love this pattern and after making the bracelet and earrings in shades of purple and deep green wanted to make more. This is where the idea to incorporate one design into two hops came into play. There was an awesome sparkly gold, deep green and bright blue glass tear drop focal in my soup that lent itself perfectly to this design. I think a bracelet in these colors is called for as well.......must get on that!




Primrose Path Bracelet by Jennifer & Susan Schwartzenberger
 
I must have been in the mood for purple this go around, but oh I do love the richness of the color. Super cute bracelet.



Timeless Lace Collar by Svetlana Chernitsky


This is the one I took a bit of a creative license on, because to me it just didn’t seem finished with the opening – I know it’s supposed to look  like a collar but I personally just needed to close it. I ordered the most awesome twin hole beads in a bright penny copper color and they were just begging to be used. Love my necklace.



Fanciful Flowercup Braid by Kerrie Slade


I love kumihimo and this project reintroduced me to this process. I couldn’t find the flower cup beads used in the pattern and the ones I substituted made for a very thick rope, still gorgeous.

 
Dewdrops Pendant by Leslee Frumin 


On this one I went back to my favorite color combination turquoise and silver. Super cute design and  I loved working with the tear drop pearls and crystals. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment