Saturday 28 September 2013

Sequintastic Reveal Day...



Sarah of Saturday Sequins is hosting the 2nd annual Sequintastic September and I am so proud to be part of it.

Sarah has such a fun loving person and has such a wonderful blog, who could resist being part of this whimsy.

Although this has been a hectic time for me I felt sure I could come up with something really incredible and spectacular. Well add up all the chaos and then add in being away for the last two weeks on vacation....I must admit I was in a bit of a panic. The project I had planned (which will be revealed later) was way bigger than I had anticipated and being on the road I didn't have everything I needed. Oh what to do....

Plan B anyone........Our vacation was to take us to the Columbia River Gorge and then up along the coast to Seattle. Well 9 km from the US boarder I realized our passports had expired.......on to PLAN B for both vacation and sequin project. Not to be daunted we camped in Southern BC wine country. It was absolutely glorious and so relaxing. It also gave me inspiration and my little Tawny Owl came to be.

Owls seem to be everywhere right now and so as not to be left out of the craze and because it brings back found memories of when my girls where Brownies and I was one of their Brownie Leaders (Tawny Owl) and because sequins work so well........

Tawny Owl
 

Enjoy this wonderful sequin filled adventure. Sarah you are one of the best! Thank you for hosting.
 

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your vacation plans didn't work out quite the way you expected. But so impressed with your ability to improvise and I love the creative results. Your Tawny Owl is such a friendly looking character. You will receive so many comments with him on your lapel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tawny Owl, I love him, he is so cute.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your owl...soooo cute!! My daughter lives in Portland, so we have had a few excursions into the Gorge. Lovely area :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep it simple - this owl is WONDERFUL! Great piece for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun owl friend to keep you company. I bet you will get lots great comments and make people smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a totally precious piece! I'm with you, I'm loving all the owl related items out right now.But I can tell you, I've not seen anything as cute as yours! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely fell in love with your owl. I love owls. I love it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, fantastic job!!! Your owl is absolutely precious.

    I'm so glad you participated again this year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic Plan B!! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet owl! Plan B can turn out very good in the end, perhaps even better than plan A sometimes. And luckily for us, this time it meant we all got to see this cute, sparkling owl. :-)

    ReplyDelete