Saturday 10 November 2012

What to do during a blizzard...

Snuggle up and bead of course. Winter has really arrived, it's been snowing and blowing and snowing and blowing....but that's what it's like in Edmonton and you just get used to it. I have to say with all the snow the trees are really pretty and I couldn't resist braving the elements to snap a few pictures.
Winter Wonderland
 
Buried Berries



....and once all the picture taking was done, the beading began. I have been busy with the Holiday Bling Blog Hop 2 and I am super excited to send my little gift off to Sonja. I hope hope hope she likes it. I also decided I needed something new for the pending holidays so I spoiled myself with a couple of pieces.

Lone Star
My partner from the last Bead Soup Blog Hop, Ginger had sent me a beautiful rivoli that I hadn't used and the colors in my bead crochet rope called out for it to be the center of attention.

I am a silver girl and I found these wonderful silver balls at a local bead store that I couldn't resist. I have not worked in RAW very much but gave it a try and really like the outcome, so Christmassy. I am going to work on some earrings to go with it and maybe even a necklace...why not.
Silver Balls


2 comments:

  1. Love the silver bracelet. Glad you've had fun inside and out. Your photographs are lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Yes indeed- beading is the thing to do during a blizzard. Your snow pictures are so gorgeous! That silver balls bracelet is really spectacular! So simple but it really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete