Sunday 20 May 2012

Got my mojo back...

I have been very busy lately but unfortunately I have had a beading block. I thought I would try a few projects using some different beading techniques, but the projects just weren't developing. I tried one (not finished), I tried another (not finished), I read blogs to get me in the right frame of mind, I looked at other artist's creations for inspiration, I was I must admit a little afraid that maybe my creativity was gone and then I came to my senses and started a project in an area that I love, bead embroidery. The creative juices just flowed and "Lindy" came to be in very quick order. My most wonderful sister Linda (Scattered Leaves) had brought me a turquoise focal bead  while on her adventures at Artfest, it was just beautiful. I paired it with some special crystal bicones and some drop crystals I had and I love the results. It was amazing I had all the different pieces in my stash already, just waiting to go into the right piece. I plan to finish the other projects (eventually) I have started but I have given myself permission to put aside or change directions if the creative juices slow.


Lindy
Close up of Lindy focal

5 comments:

  1. Beading block happens to the best of us, and I'm glad you're finding your way through it! That necklace is so pretty -- I love all the briolettes at the bottom.

    I just realized that I have some stone briolettes that I haven't used. Oh, the possibilities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this necklace. The focal is beautiful and I love the fringe with the briolettes. I get beaders' block and think it's the end of the world and then something sparks an idea and I'm off again! I'm glad you were able to work through your block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful and the pearls totally work! Thanks for the mention sweet sister. I better get off my bottom and get posting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Auntie this is AMAZING!!! Love it! My favorite colors :o) That bead store we got those from would have made you pee your pants it was so awesome! Cant wait to see what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, it was so much fun to make, especially with the bead your mom gave me, that made it so special. I love that your mom (and I suspect you would as well) understands my passion and whole heartedly endorses it...hmmmm I feel another beady field trip coming on. I love your blog and follow closely, you are a very talented artist and so very diverse. I look forward to curling up with my ipad after work and reading and relishing your posts.
      Auntie

      Delete