Monday 20 January 2020

Love handwork

I am the kind of person that has to keep her hands busy - I can't stand just sitting and doing nothing! I was searching for a project and my daughter suggested I look at embroidery. I haven't done any stitching for sometime but thought why not. Her suggestion was not just for embroidery though, it was embroidering on clothing. We both love to sew and like to make pieces that are unique and one of a kind.

I dove right in, I wanted to start on the big project right away so did very little practice. I had purchased a beautiful gold boiled wool - gosh - over 4 years ago and decided this was it. It's near impossible to find embroidery transfers here so I just freehanded a design of my own. 

After much thought on color I decided to stay within the gold tones and accent with blue and green.

The pattern for the cardigan is a Kwik Sew - very basic because I wanted the embroidery to take center stage. The boiled wool was surprisingly easy to embroider on and the pattern was super quick to sew. I pondered over the neckline wondering whether to add a ruffle but finally settled on simplicity. I absolutely love the finished product and will be wearing this often.








1 comment: