Monday 1 January 2018

..I've committed...

I have committed to a year of not buying any clothes (RTW (Ready to Wear) Fast) and I'm pretty excited.  Sarah Gunn from Goodbye Valentino (http://goodbyevalentino.com/) is hosting this adventure and it promises to be a fun challenge.  I have recently retired and have felt a little adrift, not sure what to do next. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love being retired - I get to be creative and do all the things I want to do when I want to do them but sometimes you just need that challenge. When I was beading I was always challenged but that mojo has still not come home so on to something completely different. I have always loved sewing but I have done my fair share of keeping the retail industry going. I still love shopping but with respect to the environment and my pocketbook I have to be more conscious.

The rules are pretty simple - no ready to wear clothing.

I am even committing to making my own under garments - my first two bras and I'm addicted - shopping for lace in NYC at Mood was such an experience and one that will be repeated as often as possible.  Of course I made matching panties and they are oh so comfortable and a perfect fit.



My interest has also peaked with making clutch purses/handbags so they will likely become a regular addition to my blog as well.





I have quite the stash of fabric from my shopping trip to Mood and B&J Fabrics in NYC so now to get down to some serious business - picking my first project!

Happy sewing all!


No comments:

Post a Comment