Saturday 23 February 2013

....choose your own adventure....

Freeform reveal day is here! Karen Williams of Baublicious and Mandy Ainsworth Bead Circle teamed up to have a freeform peyote challenge called "Choose your own Adventure" and Oh what a fun adventure this was! I have done very little free form, not sure why because once I start a project I loose myself completely and just go wherever I am taken, it is so completely relaxing and enjoyable.

The hardest part of my adventure was choosing the beads that would accompany me along the way, but that is the true beauty of freeform - it doesn't matter how you start or how you finish or what beads you use.

I have made two necklaces both with mostly seed beads. There are of course crystals, pearls, glass beads and shells thrown in. Hope you enjoy. I know I am going to enjoy the adventure of visiting the other participants sites to see where their adventure took them.

Sea Bubbles



Waves


And now on to more adventures...
Mandi Ainsworth
Karen Williams


Bobbie Rafferty
Sarah Meadows
Katherine Gale
Leanne Kirsch
Jean Hutter
Nancy Dale
Judy Riley
Natasha Wiegelman
Pam Chesbro
Stephanie Woods
Romana Tschunko
Bette Greenfield
Mary Harding
Melody Marie Murray
Shirley Moore
Marj
Sally Russick
Therese Frank
Tanya Goodwin
Christine Altmiller
Lea Paličková
Ivona Šuchmannová
Jennifer Chasalow VanBenschoten
Kay Haynes
Tammy Bowman  
Alisa Lehman
Lori Callahan 
Tami Norris
Jane Kettley
SaraBeth Cullinan 
Julie Schmidt Bowen

23 comments:

  1. Well, I can see that you and freeform are old friends. What gorgeous representations of this style! I love them both, but the bubbles necklace really captured my interest. Love to hear more of the process of creating it. Enjoy the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Debbie, I love your pieces! Sea Bubbles is the perfect name and I totally get it. I love how you used just the right amount of blue with the coral, and great usage of the shell pieces :) Waves is a gorgeous and gentle wave of freeform. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love them both! Oranges are not normally my color but that one is my favorite! WOW!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - I especially love the red one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklaces are beautiful!!! I love them both but Sea Bubbles is just fantastic! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both gorgeous, but I especially LOVE the blue-green one--so my style. Congrats on a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what stunning work these must have taken hours to make- I adore the Waves one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the sea bubbles necklace! Lots of movement in this piece, just what one would expect from bubbles. And, Waves! Oh, my. I think I must try freeform again. Haven't done this in years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both wonderful and both so different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you worked mainly in a monochromatic scheme in both, and let the shades and sizes of the beads do most of the talking -- and what lovely stories they created! I'm a sucker for teal, so that one really catches my eye. Wasn't this fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both necklaces are gorgeous and I also love the monochromatic palettes. I love the drape and texture of Sea Bubbles. Such a clever design!! And I love contrast of light and dark and the variation in patterns of Waves. Really stunning pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both just so beautiful!! I can't possibly pick a favorite - so they are BOTH my favorite!! I love that you say how relaxing you find it - I do as well!! I'm very happy to have 'met' you through the blog hop and look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "choosing the beads that would accompany me along the way" - I love that phrase and way of thinking about freeform peyote because it is so true. The beads are our companions and fellow travelers in freeform peyote as we explore the possibilities together.

    And such possiblities you have discovered! Your Sea Bubbles necklace is so wonderfully layered and textured. As is Waves, but in an entirely different way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are super beautiful! Wow! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, wow!!! Both pieces are stunning. Absolutely fantastic. You make freeform look so effortless -- it definitely shows that you get absorbed in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 amazing necklaces. The sea bubbles necklace is so wonderfully organic and flowing and the waves is also equally fab. Thanks for sharing these beauties with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness these are both so beautiful. I just love the design of each one and resulting layers of color, texture and dimension. I would chose Sea waves for myself as I love teals and greens. They are both fabulous - you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are absolutely beautiful! It is hard to find the right words. Sea Bubbles is so vibrant and has such great detail. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like both, but i totally fall in love with Sea Bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both pieces are beautiful, you work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! It's been a long time since I was truly speechless. Just WOW! Very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my! these are stunning - both pieces! I'm just stopped in my tracks looking at them and wondering how you did these patterns?! Just beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy. Cow. I'm sitting here trying to pick my jaw up off of the floor -- stunning work!

    ReplyDelete